Water damage and how a Roofing Contractor Dallas Tx can help you.
In cases of water damage, it is always important to act fast. As soon as you notice water leaks on your floor or walls, contact a company that provides water damage restoration Dallas TX immediately. The sooner you start the repairs the quicker the damage can be repaired. Plus you will stop further water damage from making the repair bill higher. Water and moisture create a perfect environment for bacteria and mold to grow. Sometimes you may need some parts of your home to be completely replaced. This will guarantee that you will remove all the bacteria and mold and your water restoration is complete.
Materials that may need to be replaced include:
- Heating and air conditioning system
The Water Restoration Process Step by Step
Repairing a water-damaged home is a time-consuming process. Here is the outlook of it step by step.
Step 1: Inspection
A roofing contractor will come over to access the extent of water damage in your home. They determine the class and category of water damage.
There are 4 classes of water damage
- Class 1 is the least level of damage. It might involve part of a room that has absorbed little moisture.
- Class 2 damage has affected an entire room and the water has been absorbed into carpeting and walls.
- Class 3 damage has absorbed up into the walls, and the moisture saturated most of the area and may have come through the ceiling.
- Class 4 damage involves the damage that affected the depth of your home structure such as hardwood, stone, and concrete, materials and requires special drying.
Step 2: Water Removal
To remove water from your home roofing professionals will use pumps and vacuums. The choice of the type of equipment is based on the extent of the water damage. Water removal needs to begin as soon as possible to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
Step 3: Drying
After all standing water and moisture have been removed, the professional restoration team will begin drying and dehumidification. This step helps ensure the removal of any remaining moisture and can take up to several weeks based on the damage extent.
Step 4: Cleaning
The damaged area needs to be cleaned and sanitized properly to prevent unwanted mold and bacterial growth.
Step 5: Restoration
Restoration involves replacing materials of your home like drywall and insulation if needed. Sometimes this process can be as simple as installing a few panels of drywall, or as serious that it could require replacing entire walls.