Commercial roofing systems differ in materials from what is used for residential roofing. And each one of them has pros and cons. We’d suggest you make a brief overview before you proceed to our rood replacements cost estimator.
- One of the least expensive options to install and repair: because EPDM rolls are wide and long, there is less damage if just one of them seems to fail, and hence it is cheaper to replace it
- EPDM has the longest-lasting lifespan of the most commercial roofing systems available.
- Fast and easy to install
- Hail, ozone resistant
- Energy-efficient: EPDM absorbs heat during hot weather and keeps the warm inside of your building during the winter.
- Resistant to fluctuating temperatures (tolerance range is -40ºF to a maximum of 300ºF)
- Strong-wind resistant
- Can puncture easily
- Poor petroleum resistance: it can begin to breakdown when it comes in contact with petroleum-based products
- TPO is one of the least expensive options available and costs even less than EPDM or other synthetic rubber roofing systems
- TPO can be installed in various ways, making installation easy
- The material resists corrosion and breaks down when it comes into contact with numerous materials
- It shows resistance to dirt build-up, punctures, and tears as well
- This type of roof has a lifespan of 22 to 30 years
- Made from environmentally friendly products
- When the top layer is laminated, it might cause TPO roofs to develop cracks in the surface pretty quickly
- Flat roofs are more susceptible to water build-up on the roof
- It does not handle high heat very well
- Good for flat or steep roofs
- It can last over 50 years and be resistant to extreme weather and other damaging conditions
- Energy-Efficient: Metal shingles can be energy-efficient as they reflect the sun’s rays, keeping your home cool
- Environmentally Friendly
- They are quite expensive to install
- Difficult to Repair
There is a convenient commercial roof replacement cost calculator on our website that you can use to estimate the cost of your project. You just need to type in the area of your roof and choose the material. You can always reach us at (214) 250-3975 if you have any questions.