When to Claim Water Restoration Allen TX?Blogs
Latest Reviews About Our Roofing CompanyWrite a review about your Roofing Company
When the temperature falls to 32ºF or below, your water pipes and kitchen sink become at risk of freezing and bursting. This year, Texas has been experiencing unprecedented winter storms and freezing temperatures. This means that a lot of homeowners have been facing serious water damage from freezing pipes. A broken pipe can cause water damage and you will need to claim water restoration Allen TX. However, you can prevent water damage from freezing pipes by taking some preventive measures.
- Keep your thermostat at 65º F or above, all day long. Opening all inside doors will help you make sure that warm air can easily circulate around your house.
- Drain and shut off any water supply to the outside. Installing frost-proof spigots or faucet insulators will help protect the pipes from freezing.
- If you see moisture or mold on the walls that contain pipes, or they feel cold to the touch, consider reinsulating or using spray foam to add protection. You can also use snap-on insulation for pipes in unheated areas or heated plumbing tape or cable that automatically turns on when temperatures drop below 32ºF. Check the area around your kitchen sink.
- Installing smart technology, for example, low-temperature sensors, “smart” thermostats, back-up generators, and water leak detection systems can also reduce the risk of water damage by preventive care about your home water system.
- Regularly inspect all the important areas of your home such as the kitchen sink and bathroom.
If you think your pipes are already frozen, consider the following strategies:
- Open the faucet open, with both cold and hot, or lukewarm, water running, to slowly begin unfreezing the pipes.
- Turn your thermostat up, to increase the warmth of the surrounding air and warm-up the pipes.
- Contact a licensed and certified contractor to claim water restoration Allen TX, if you are not certain where the freeze is or how to deal with it. A broken pipe after bursting might cause significant water damage to your home. Especially if you don’t know where to look for damage or you’re not concentrating on the right area.
If a broken pipe bursts:
- Turn off the water supply to the pipe, to prevent additional water flow and damage to your home.
- Contact a licensed contractor, like Advantage Remodeling and Roofing, to claim water restoration Allen TX. Feel free to call us at (214) 250-3975.