Long Term Strategies to Prevent Water Damage From Broken PipeBlogs
Pipes in the water supply system are often exposed to cold outdoor air and can freeze and burst. When the weather is freezing, the water inside the pipes can freeze and stop the water flow. When the pipe thaws from the arctic freeze, the pipe can begin to fluctuate in size due to the changing volumes of water inside it which will increase the water pressure and might cause a broken pipe. However, some frozen pipes don’t burst. But if one pipe does burst, this will cause water damage and you will need to claim water restoration Allen TX and find services for water remediation Allen TX.
Long-term strategies for broken pipe damage prevention involve regular home maintenance and winterization procedures to prepare your home for freezing temperatures. Winterization is a number of means a homeowner should take before the winter months. Because preventing damage is cheaper than water remediation Allen TX, as the price might be up to $5,000.These preventing measures might include:
- Inspecting your water pipes system regularly for possible leaks and cracks. Claim water restoration Allen TX if there is any damage.
- Fixing issues promptly, before they get worse and out of hand.
- Winterizing and insulating water pipes to protect them from broken pipe water damage from frozen and burst pipes in your home.
- Sealing and caulking air and water leaks in your pipes.
- Consider adding insulation to your attic and basement.
How To Prevent Frozen Pipes from Bursting
Fluctuating temperatures might cause pipes to freeze in sub-zero temperatures and then thaw out as temperatures rise. This can cause frozen pipes to crack and burst, which causes water leaks and flooding from a broken pipe. This situation will need you to take action, too. Here’s what you can do:
- Inspect your water supply system for cracks and leaks. You should call a roofing contractor and get water remediation Allen TX.
- Shut off your main water supply. You may have to shut off your entire house water supply to minimize basement flooding
- Remove valuables and household belongings from the area that might be damaged by a broken pipe.
- Contact your insurance company to claim water restoration Allen TX. Broken pipe and water damage is covered by most homeowners insurance.